Sams Club - Beware of Sam's Club auction website

I won a bid for 2.5 gal beverage dispenser on Sam's Club online auction for $1.One would think - great deal- however, the email confirmation stated the shipping/handling fee was $60!

Talking about price gouging and deceit!!

When I called their customer service was that $60 fees remain even if the item was returned! How did a $1 item become $61? Totally unfair and outrageous!

Be careful that it doesn't happen to you, and voice your complaint(s) when you feel you have been wronged.This was definitely wrong, and hope others learn from this situation.

More Review Details

Helpful? 107 Yes 107 231 No 231
Had the same issue 160 Yes 160
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 28 #1102229

I guess you didn't read the info before you confirmed your bid.
We have purchased an office chair, a men's bike that were a very good price and we knew what the shipping was before we confirmed our bid. READ PEOPLE READ PEOPLE not sams problem its yours.

Jan 03 #1087927

When you place a bid if you are smart enough to read all the information in that box it tells you how much your shipping will be. At that time if you don't want to pay that much just hit CANCEL. Your own fault. So quit complaining.

1 1 Reply

Dec 28, 2015 #1085093

I 100% agree, kindness rules the day. However; I have been a victim of winning an item to low in price and suffered the cancel auction bs.

AgentHK99

Dec 28, 2015 #1085086 Sacramento, California

That's a mistake and their customer service would have fixed it if you just call and be kind.

Dec 28, 2015 #1084725

Won 2 items. Was sent an email with a tracking number and waited. Called numerous times about it and was then told the items were out of stock. It's been 2 months and I'm still trying to get my money back.

Dec 05, 2015 #1074220

I won a tv on Sams Club auction site, worst experience in my life. Their customer service number leaves you on hold for hours. I spoke with 5 different people and every single one of them told me a completely different story. One manager told me they need to train their staff better. i have been a Sams Club Member for years and will never return, Costco here i come!

2 0 Reply

Oct 28, 2015 #1055177

Call your credit card company and ask them to handle it. It works most of the time.

Oct 28, 2015 #1055167 Blue Springs, Missouri

I thought buying from Sansclub auctions was the way to go. But before you bid check what the thing cost at your local store. Then use that to get a base price. You may think your bid is cheap and a good deal. You may have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a big item because of shipping and order time. Then pay shipping on top of that. Most of the time your local store price is the same price or cheaper. You can take it home on the spot
I will never use Samsclub austions again.

0 0 Reply
FRIEND NO FOOL NOW

Oct 27, 2015 #1054444 Tampa, Florida

THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO CHARGE ME A ENROLLMENT FEE SO THAT I CAN HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO GIVE THEM MORE OF MY MONEY! THIS IS LUDICROUS. I'VE GONE THERE WITH FRIEND AND CAN PURCHASE ALMOST EVERYTHING THEY SELL AT A COMPARABLE OR LOWER PRICE. MOST OF THEIR BULK ITEMS ARE OF GENERIC QUALITY, YES, I CONVINCED MY FRIEND TO CUT UP HIS CARD. EBAY, AMAZON, AND WEBSITE IN GENERAL HAVE MUCH BETTER DEALS FOR SAME ITEMS. $45.00? YEA RIGHT.

NO FOOL

Oct 27, 2015 #1054440 Tampa, Florida

THANK YOU. I WAS READY TO JOIN. BUT AFTER READING I BETTER NOT.

Columbia21045

Oct 15, 2015 #1048594 Elkridge, Maryland

I won several "Swann 8 Channel 960H Security System with 1TB Hard Drive, 4 720TVL Cameras, Alarm Sensors, and 82' Night Vision" with good bid prices. auctions.Samsclub.com did not ship out If you won bids with low amount, they will cancel them. Then, they will put back for getting higher bids. When I called them about these matter, they did not have them in-stock. However, they put them back in the next couple days. I had the same problems with Moen faucetts, etc.

Nov 16, 2015 #1064503

Go ahead and bid for the exact product again and try to win it at all cost, regardless of the final bid. Before the item ships, call them to match your original winning price. That's what I did and I made them adjust my winning price to the original one they cancelled. I got the difference but back on my card.niuigib

Oct 14, 2015 #1048435 Avon Lake, Ohio

It clearly tells you what shipping and tax is before you click on the submit button.

4 1 Reply

Sep 25, 2015 #1038954

When you place your bid - it shows the bid plus the shipping charges. There is time to cancel your bid before you finalize it.

4 2 Reply

Sep 07, 2015 #1030871

When you go to place the bid it does show you the amount of shipping and taxes before you hit submit.
Not their fault you didn't read it.
Ive been buying from this auction site for years and it's always been fair

5 5 Reply

Aug 11, 2015 #1018488

When you placed the $1 bid, it went to a screen that showed the tax, shipping charges, and a total amount if your bid won. At that point you had a choice of saying you wanted to submit the bid or decline to bid. The option was entirely yours.

1 3 Reply
Sam

Jul 14, 2015 #1007562 Gulf Breeze, Florida

Total charges for item on Sam's Club auction bids should be revealed before any transaction is accepted or charged to your credit card????

1 1 Reply

Aug 30, 2015 #1027429

They are revealed before you click the second submit.

2 2 Reply
GWW

Jul 10, 2015 #1006007

I won a auction yesterday for a 65" LED TV. Received a email today saying canceled, because they are unable to fulfill the order. I pointed out to them the reason that I called is they had 2 of the exact same item up for bid at that moment. This makes the 2nd time they have done this to me. Will probably not bother with their auctions again.

6 4 Reply

Jul 04, 2015 #1003545

Agreed. With the few commenters who stated that it tells you what the shipping is. Before you place the auction, it notifies you what the tax and shipping will be. Even if it says "estimate", why would you assume that it would be much/any less than the estimated total? Also, typically, smaller items usually ship for $7-8. For an 11 piece cookware set purchased recently, the shipping was only $8. AND when I purchased our 70" tv from Sam's auctions, the shipping was only $70. Even with the cost of shipping and tax added, I still paid way less for the television than I would've anywhere else in stores or online. I've also never had any issues with customer service or exchanges or refunds on merchandise. If you are kind and courteous to customer service, they are likely to expend a little more effort trying to make accommodations to help you. Just a thought.

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 84 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.