Sams Club - Beware of Sam's Club auction website

I won a bid for 2.5 gal beverage dispenser on Sam's Club online auction for $1.One would think - great deal- however, the email confirmation stated the shipping/handling fee was $60!

Talking about price gouging and deceit!!

When I called their customer service was that $60 fees remain even if the item was returned! How did a $1 item become $61? Totally unfair and outrageous!

Be careful that it doesn't happen to you, and voice your complaint(s) when you feel you have been wronged.This was definitely wrong, and hope others learn from this situation.

review #262546
224 103 Helpful?
Had the same issue126 Comments58
Had an experience with Sams Club?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

May 14 #984551

Am returning a third item that was sold to me in the sam"s auction with warranty paperwork filled out by another customer or signs of previous usage ...meaning I am purchasing merchandise they contend is new but is not. The latest item had cooked food residue on the cooking plates which substantiated the USED condition that was not listed in the auction.

May 10 #982238

It shows how much shipping and handling is before you post your bid so you have the option to change your bid or withdraw it before you submit the actual bid. You must not have paid attention. Sorry you're upset but I've bought great things on the auction site.

Apr 24 #976285

Sam's shill bids on all their items. They control the auction site and if you honestly believe you are getting a good deal on a returned item, discontinued item, or an item they actually don't even possess (they list items they don't have to get you in the auctions to be gin with), you are crazy. Remember, it is not illegal for Walmart Inc. to do this as the auction site belongs to them and they control everything. Found all this out the hard way....but i did get my $581.00 back after 7 months of bull ***!

Not Happy

Apr 15 #972305 Deland, Florida

I just won a Ipad for an amazing price and now all of a sudden they are out of stock. Originally they told me that there was an issue with my credit card. So when I call them back they tell me that I will have to rebid on the item at a later date.

dogbreath

Feb 20 #948565 Tahlequah, Oklahoma

Had a similar issue. Won a computer on the auction then after talking with my husband I learned the computer was under powered for our needs. I called within a hour of winning to cancel the order and was assured that any monies charged against my card would be returned within three business. Three weeks later, just days before Christmas, the computer appeared at my door. After the holiday rush quieted down, I called to learn the return process. They told me that the 30 day return period had expired and the computer could not be returned. To my statement that the order had been canceled, they replied that no such information was present in the file. "Sorry" they said.

kcuts

Jan 14 #931073 Grand Blanc, Michigan

I was top bidder on an item also and it was cancelled because the item was not in stock, so you are bidding on an item that they don't necessarily have. What a joke! Wish i would have seen this page before I bid, customer service said if I see the item again to bid on another one. Really!?

go

Jan 08 #927999

I had it also called them to let them know the weight was wrong and they credited my act. for the difference of 5# which it should of been not50# Had no problem. You may want to check the weight of the product.

KABOOM

Dec 20, 2014 #918934 Cleveland, Ohio

WHEN YOU BID THEY TELL YOU THE SHIPPING CHARGES, IF YOU ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH
THE CHARGES WHY WOULD YOU SUBMIT YOUR BID.

Deadrick

Nov 27, 2014 #906855 Salisbury, North Carolina

I stop'ed biding on things because of the shiping priceing. And they put things on the auction that they can't sell in the store or things that have been returned.

DAVO

Oct 31, 2014 #893474

DID YOU THINK A DOLLAR WAS A GOOD PRICE? WELL BEFORE YOU BID ON THE ITEM IT SHOWS THE SHIPPING FEES SO THAT WAS YOUR OWN FAULT, AND PROBABLY WHY NO ONE ELSE WAS BIDDING

4 0 Reply
lefty

Oct 13, 2014 #884336 League City, Texas

i bid on 2 things and got an e mail saying my order was cancelled at my request. this is a complete lie.

Betty boop

Oct 05, 2014 #880345

I bid and won 2 make up brush sets. Shipping on each nearly $50. I wanted the sets, but they got me on shiiping. Next time was on I bid again in order to check shipping charges. Total was $18! I've sent several emails to them with no response.

HappyGranny

Oct 01, 2014 #878422 Byron, Georgia

Lucy, there is a way that is done without you being aware of it. I do it myself. Say the bid is 20 and I want to discourage other bidders, I might bid $35. Then it will show me that I have a bid of 21 with a maximum of $35. So every time someone bids (up to $35), it is going to increase my bid by a dollar.
I hope they will get discouraged and drop out. Then I get it at a lower rate if I don't have competition.
Hope this helps you.

HappyGranny

Oct 01, 2014 #878421 Byron, Georgia

I have been using the auction for about a year and have been quite happy. Before I submitted the bid, I was shown what the S & H would be plus the taxes and the grand total. It was always spot on!
I do go an extra step and that is I research the item on line to see if it is a good deal for me or if I would do just as good to buy locally.

Lucy

Aug 26, 2014 #861494

why is it no matter how much I bid I am immediately outbid. Also been looking at item for days. There have been no less than seven of this item up for auction one at a time. As soon as one ends another one goes up starting at $1.00 I bid $90 just to see what happens sure enough before it even goes through someone has bid $91.00 and we are the only 2 bidders!! This site is a scam.

4 1 Reply
Just My Opinion

Aug 27, 2014 #862040

I buy from Sam's Club all the time too. However, I experience the same thing Lucy does every time I bid in the auctions. The auctions clearly are not running honestly. They seem to be running the price up because the number of bids placed does not change when it says that someone has outbid me. Sam's Club has a third party running the auction so of course they make more by running the auctions up when no one is really bidding. It is disappointing they do this and I am likely not to use the auction anymore.

1 1 Reply
Steven

Sep 05, 2014 #866443 Harlingen, Texas

I have purchased items off the Sam's Club Auction site, and had nothing but great experiences. When you bid it tells you what the shipping and taxes are, so the original complaint (not yours) is outdated. Also, I have won things for as low as $5, like an Xbox One game, and after shipping it was about $10 total. I am sure there are people that are on the site all the time bidding to buy these things so they can resell them later. I have seen water coolers go for $200 plus on this site so a $90 bid isn't really a big deal. Some items end up closing for more than they're worth, but a lot of things close pretty low and at huge savings.

sams  shopper

Aug 07, 2014 #853208 Bryan, Texas

not true i but from them all the time

1 1 Reply
Steven

Aug 04, 2014 #850967

Now when you bid it tells you what the shipping costs are, even includes taxes.

Sb

Jul 16, 2014 #841642

Won a watch and recieved one that had a warranty card already filled out by someone from Plano, Tx .
Purchased another exact one and no warranty card or instructions came with it. Customer service never responded to my inquiry.
Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave.

1-20 of 58 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.