Sams Club - Beware of Sam's Club auction website

I won a bid for 2.5 gal beverage dispenser on Sam's Club online auction for $1.One would think - great deal- however, the email confirmation stated the shipping/handling fee was $60!

Talking about price gouging and deceit!!

When I called their customer service was that $60 fees remain even if the item was returned! How did a $1 item become $61? Totally unfair and outrageous!

Be careful that it doesn't happen to you, and voice your complaint(s) when you feel you have been wronged.This was definitely wrong, and hope others learn from this situation.

review #262546
227 105 Helpful?
Had the same issue155 Comments66
Had an experience with Sams Club?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Sam

Jul 14 #1007562 Gulf Breeze, Florida

Total charges for item on Sam's Club auction bids should be revealed before any transaction is accepted or charged to your credit card????

GWW

Jul 10 #1006007

I won a auction yesterday for a 65" LED TV. Received a email today saying canceled, because they are unable to fulfill the order. I pointed out to them the reason that I called is they had 2 of the exact same item up for bid at that moment. This makes the 2nd time they have done this to me. Will probably not bother with their auctions again.

0 1 Reply

Jul 04 #1003545

Agreed. With the few commenters who stated that it tells you what the shipping is. Before you place the auction, it notifies you what the tax and shipping will be. Even if it says "estimate", why would you assume that it would be much/any less than the estimated total? Also, typically, smaller items usually ship for $7-8. For an 11 piece cookware set purchased recently, the shipping was only $8. AND when I purchased our 70" tv from Sam's auctions, the shipping was only $70. Even with the cost of shipping and tax added, I still paid way less for the television than I would've anywhere else in stores or online. I've also never had any issues with customer service or exchanges or refunds on merchandise. If you are kind and courteous to customer service, they are likely to expend a little more effort trying to make accommodations to help you. Just a thought.

Jun 11 #994011 Wooton, Kentucky

It tells you before you click the final bid what shipping will be

May 14 #984551

Am returning a third item that was sold to me in the sam"s auction with warranty paperwork filled out by another customer or signs of previous usage ...meaning I am purchasing merchandise they contend is new but is not. The latest item had cooked food residue on the cooking plates which substantiated the USED condition that was not listed in the auction.

May 10 #982238

It shows how much shipping and handling is before you post your bid so you have the option to change your bid or withdraw it before you submit the actual bid. You must not have paid attention. Sorry you're upset but I've bought great things on the auction site.

3 0 Reply

Apr 24 #976285

Sam's shill bids on all their items. They control the auction site and if you honestly believe you are getting a good deal on a returned item, discontinued item, or an item they actually don't even possess (they list items they don't have to get you in the auctions to be gin with), you are crazy. Remember, it is not illegal for Walmart Inc. to do this as the auction site belongs to them and they control everything. Found all this out the hard way....but i did get my $581.00 back after 7 months of bull ***!

Not Happy

Apr 15 #972305 Deland, Florida

I just won a Ipad for an amazing price and now all of a sudden they are out of stock. Originally they told me that there was an issue with my credit card. So when I call them back they tell me that I will have to rebid on the item at a later date.

Jul 01 #1002222 Dayton, Ohio

Same thing happened to me on an auction for a backpack. Won the auction for "Nike Golf Departure Backpack II" on June 26th. On June 28th, I get this message from them - "we have discovered the merchandise needed to fulfill your order is currently unavailable and must cancel this order". Wrote back to Customer Service that they are selling the same item on walmart.com and samsclub.com, so wanted to understand why my order was cancelled. No reply from them but guess what, today I see that the same item is listed again. Bidding started Jul 1, 2015 09:00 AM CDT (Listing 2232592) at http://auctions.samsclub.com/auction/auction/view/id/2232592/
They are amazing!

Jul 03 #1003327

I am having the same exact issue and have spent an hour on the phone trying to get a good explanation. It happened twice within 2 days as I saw the same item again and bid again and WON..again. Now they have both amounts that they pended from my checking account still pending and they say they will drop off of my bank account soon. The email said the same as yours and now guess what? There are 3 of the same items listed. I have not had issues like this before, and have bought many items on the auction, but I am now done. I don't think I trust the process anymore.

dogbreath

Feb 20 #948565 Tahlequah, Oklahoma

Had a similar issue. Won a computer on the auction then after talking with my husband I learned the computer was under powered for our needs. I called within a hour of winning to cancel the order and was assured that any monies charged against my card would be returned within three business. Three weeks later, just days before Christmas, the computer appeared at my door. After the holiday rush quieted down, I called to learn the return process. They told me that the 30 day return period had expired and the computer could not be returned. To my statement that the order had been canceled, they replied that no such information was present in the file. "Sorry" they said.

kcuts

Jan 14 #931073 Grand Blanc, Michigan

I was top bidder on an item also and it was cancelled because the item was not in stock, so you are bidding on an item that they don't necessarily have. What a joke! Wish i would have seen this page before I bid, customer service said if I see the item again to bid on another one. Really!?

Jun 02 #990821

This has happened to me on a couple items. Customer service was not helpful at all and stated item was no longer available...really I stated, how come I walked into the local store and purchased it? It was baby formula for goodness. It has also happened on a laptop also. Not using the site again...don't understand how you can auction off items that you don't have!!!

go

Jan 08 #927999

I had it also called them to let them know the weight was wrong and they credited my act. for the difference of 5# which it should of been not50# Had no problem. You may want to check the weight of the product.

KABOOM

Dec 20, 2014 #918934 Cleveland, Ohio

WHEN YOU BID THEY TELL YOU THE SHIPPING CHARGES, IF YOU ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH
THE CHARGES WHY WOULD YOU SUBMIT YOUR BID.

3 0 Reply
MommaMia

Jun 15 #995577

Tne shipping says it is an estimate and may vary depending of different factors.

Deadrick

Nov 27, 2014 #906855 Salisbury, North Carolina

I stop'ed biding on things because of the shiping priceing. And they put things on the auction that they can't sell in the store or things that have been returned.

DAVO

Oct 31, 2014 #893474

DID YOU THINK A DOLLAR WAS A GOOD PRICE? WELL BEFORE YOU BID ON THE ITEM IT SHOWS THE SHIPPING FEES SO THAT WAS YOUR OWN FAULT, AND PROBABLY WHY NO ONE ELSE WAS BIDDING

4 1 Reply
lefty

Oct 13, 2014 #884336 League City, Texas

i bid on 2 things and got an e mail saying my order was cancelled at my request. this is a complete lie.

Betty boop

Oct 05, 2014 #880345

I bid and won 2 make up brush sets. Shipping on each nearly $50. I wanted the sets, but they got me on shiiping. Next time was on I bid again in order to check shipping charges. Total was $18! I've sent several emails to them with no response.

1-20 of 66 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.