Sams club tires are seconds

I purchased a set of tires for my car as well as my wifes car.I noticed a vibration in both.

I returened both to the store. They rotated and rebalanced 3 times. The tires were at least 1/4" out of round. Clearly not first line tires.

I will never buy tires there again. The staff could care less about your car. They scrached up the rims on both cars. Got grease on the seat of my car.

When we would return and complain we would have to wait for a long time. Also dont ever fall for the rebates. You will never recieve a check.

The man that runs the dept is Larry Bray.He thinks the more people he screws over the bigger his bonus check will be.

More Review Details

Helpful? 44 Yes 44 180 No 180
Had the same issue 43 Yes 43
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 14 #1064003

I buy tires at Sams Club all the time. Never had a problem.

Aug 26 #1024942

Where is the location of that Sam's Club?

Aug 24 #1024136

You really need to wonder, why there tires are so low priced. They are seconds.

Oct 09, 2014 #882448

Try buying some Goodyear tires. I went to the Goodyear store 4 times and 4 sets of tires. All out-of-round. Finally went back to dealer and they told them the problem. Dealer told me to go buy what ever tire I wanted and bring them the bill. I did and they reimbursed me to the penny. I bought the best Michelin tires I could buy from a local tire store. They were 1 size over-sized from what came on my truck originally. Never had another problem.

billy boy

Aug 11, 2013 #697630 Albany, Georgia

Ibought my set goodyear tire at sams in p.c. fla. back in 2005
I have over 103000 miles on the tires, I get my tires rotated every
4000to6000 mile at sams for free, and thy are polite and courtious to me never found anybody rude or ugly some of theses are saying.. I,m
going back and get me another set when Ineed them...........

4 1 Reply

Apr 02, 2013 #631707

my buddy's half-sister makes $74 an hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 7 months but last month her pay was $21859 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site

0 2 Reply

Apr 02, 2013 #631695 Winter Park, Florida

been getting tires from sams for years no complaints, actually do a good job, will buy there again

4 0 Reply

Mar 02, 2013 #616899 Indianapolis, Indiana

Had a broken valve stem on a TPMS unit at Sams on Rockville Road in Indianapolis.. It broke when they were rotating the tires.. They waited about an hour and a half before telling me. I had a spare TPMS in my glove box but they refused to install it. The tire guy said it was "Illegal". Store Manager Backed him up. The only thing they would do is put my spare on because of safety concerns. I told them I drive 126 miles a day to work ans It would not be safe for me to wait a week for them to get there certified TMPS in that they could install. They just flat didn't give a hoot.. Took my car to Tire Barn where they installed my TPMS, Balanced the tire and put my spare away for 15 bucks. SAMS CLUB HAS IDIOTS FOR THEIR TIRE SHOP PEOPLE. I Worked for Goodyear for two years and never saw any customer left in the lurch like these guys do... Save yourself some grief and buy tires at a Real tire store.. This place is not worth the hassle .

1 1 Reply

Jan 02, 2014 #767288 Louisville, Kentucky

Look up the "Tread Act" and familiarize yourself with the laws concerning TPMS systems. There are federal laws that have to be followed by all tire installers and mechanics. If your spare TPMS sensor did not function, it would have been illegal to install. All sensors must function on a vehicle model year 2007 or newer in order to maintain the legal standard. Any mechanic or shop that allows someone to drive out on a tire with a non-functioning sensor is then legally accountable for any damages that may result after leaving the shop, including individual and corporate fines and jail time. It may do you some good to keep their legal requirements in mind next time. Also, tire barn may have just broken the law. If your sensor does not function properly and you have a wreck and can blame it in low tire pressure, you can bankrupt their company by suing.

1 1 Reply

Sep 21, 2012 #545040

Boom sahaklkaa boom boom, problem solved.

Jul 18, 2012 #514889

Me too my tires rims get scratches and greasy all four tires. Plus my VW logos are missing when I get my car back

Love Is All Around Us

Jul 24, 2013 #686766 Edina, Minnesota

Your fault for driving a VW! :x

1 3 Reply
Donnie Adkins

Jul 17, 2012 #514430

I've had nothing but the best service from the Sam's located in Waldorf, MD.
They used hand tools and a torque wrench on my trucks and never damaged anything.
I've been buying tires there for 15 years and will continue to do so.
The technicians are trained and though they may not know what I know,they are courteous and respectful and only have the best of intentions.
I'm an Advanced Level Master Automobile Technician that runs a large service facility with 38 years experience.

3 1 Reply

Feb 26, 2012 #437515

lol.. i worked in the tire department at sams club for about 5 years. they have awesome tires, free rotation, free tire repair. but what people dont understand is that when something goes wrong with the tire its not always the installers fault. ANY tire can break a belt AT any moment. that is nobodys fault but the tire company's.. when you come in jumping down their throat about how they messed up your stuff and dont even listen to an explanation do you really expect to be treated with courtesy and kindness. tire guys are people too.. and the same *** thing could happen at any tire shop. sometimes it is their fault but just be reasonable and respectful and everything should go smoothly. and all yall people complaining about your tires wearing out.. try rotating them every 3 to 5 thousand miles, it helps trust me.. and if they still wear out keep your paper work and your tires will be prorated..

4 0 Reply

Nov 11 #1061810

So true....tma we all we got lol

Larry Kelley

Jan 14, 2012 #409300

Sam's wouldn't stand behind the junk Chinese pickup tires that I bought.Out of 5 tires that I bought,2 ended up bulging out with broken belts even though the truck sits up most of the time . I dropped my membership because of their "careless" atitude.Their buyers purchased these LT235/85R16 tires from China & don't want to bear any responsibility for their mistakes. The tires don't have 2,000 miles on them. I will never set my feet in a Sam's Club again. They did refund my membership dues back when I told them I no longer wanted their membership.

0 3 Reply
ase tech

Apr 07, 2013 #634249 Cincinnati, Ohio

How long did you have your tires

Apr 28, 2013 #643419

You get what you pay for when you buy cheap Chinese ***! :upset

2 1 Reply

Dec 21, 2011 #395007

On the contrary, myself and a friend have had excellent experiences with SAMS club! He had a valve stem problem and they gave him a new tire and money back because the tire was cheaper now than when he purchased it. I have bought a couple sets of tires there and they have kept their word. I got near 100,000 miles on these tires!

Dec 11, 2011 #389506

Dont buy tires from Sams they wont stand behind the warranty-I have 35 thousand miles on a set of Michelins 195/65R15s with one almost bald that are 80 thousand mile tires. With the other three at 3/10ths. And they wont do a thing. Tires do not last long in southern Fl.

1-20 of 67 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sams Club. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sams Club.
Filing a new complaint about