SAMS Club - Sams club tires are seconds

572 of 605 Sams Club Reviews
Apr 09, 2009
review #147375

I purchased a set of tires for my car as well as my wifes car.I noticed a vibration in both.

I returened both to the store. They rotated and rebalanced 3 times. The tires were at least 1/4" out of round. Clearly not first line tires.

I will never buy tires there again. The staff could care less about your car. They scrached up the rims on both cars. Got grease on the seat of my car.

When we would return and complain we would have to wait for a long time. Also dont ever fall for the rebates. You will never recieve a check.

The man that runs the dept is Larry Bray.He thinks the more people he screws over the bigger his bonus check will be.

89442be
0.9
Had an experience with SAMS Club?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
572 of 605 Sams Club Reviews
billy boy

Aug 11, 2013 Albany, Georgia

Ibought my set goodyear tire at sams in p.c. fla. back in 2005
I have over 103000 miles on the tires, I get my tires rotated every
4000to6000 mile at sams for free, and thy are polite and courtious to me never found anybody rude or ugly some of theses are saying.. I,m
going back and get me another set when Ineed them...........

jnbiooqr

Apr 02, 2013

my buddy's half-sister makes $74 an hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 7 months but last month her pay was $21859 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site ======bit90.com=====

billyc

Mar 02, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana

Had a broken valve stem on a TPMS unit at Sams on Rockville Road in Indianapolis.. It broke when they were rotating the tires.. They waited about an hour and a half before telling me. I had a spare TPMS in my glove box but they refused to install it. The tire guy said it was "Illegal". Store Manager Backed him up. The only thing they would do is put my spare on because of safety concerns. I told them I drive 126 miles a day to work ans It would not be safe for me to wait a week for them to get there certified TMPS in that they could install. They just flat didn't give a hoot.. Took my car to Tire Barn where they installed my TPMS, Balanced the tire and put my spare away for 15 bucks. SAMS CLUB HAS IDIOTS FOR THEIR TIRE SHOP PEOPLE. I Worked for Goodyear for two years and never saw any customer left in the lurch like these guys do... Save yourself some grief and buy tires at a Real tire store.. This place is not worth the hassle .

1 0 Reply
Knowledgeable

Jan 02 Louisville, Kentucky

Look up the "Tread Act" and familiarize yourself with the laws concerning TPMS systems. There are federal laws that have to be followed by all tire installers and mechanics. If your spare TPMS sensor did not function, it would have been illegal to install. All sensors must function on a vehicle model year 2007 or newer in order to maintain the legal standard. Any mechanic or shop that allows someone to drive out on a tire with a non-functioning sensor is then legally accountable for any damages that may result after leaving the shop, including individual and corporate fines and jail time. It may do you some good to keep their legal requirements in mind next time. Also, tire barn may have just broken the law. If your sensor does not function properly and you have a wreck and can blame it in low tire pressure, you can bankrupt their company by suing.

Jenaya

Sep 21, 2012

Boom sahaklkaa boom boom, problem solved.

cam

Jul 18, 2012

Me too my tires rims get scratches and greasy all four tires. Plus my VW logos are missing when I get my car back

Donnie Adkins

Jul 17, 2012

I've had nothing but the best service from the Sam's located in Waldorf, MD.
They used hand tools and a torque wrench on my trucks and never damaged anything.
I've been buying tires there for 15 years and will continue to do so.
The technicians are trained and though they may not know what I know,they are courteous and respectful and only have the best of intentions.
I'm an Advanced Level Master Automobile Technician that runs a large service facility with 38 years experience.

0 1 Reply
LOL

Feb 26, 2012

lol.. i worked in the tire department at sams club for about 5 years. they have awesome tires, free rotation, free tire repair. but what people dont understand is that when something goes wrong with the tire its not always the installers fault. ANY tire can break a belt AT any moment. that is nobodys fault but the tire company's.. when you come in jumping down their throat about how they messed up your stuff and dont even listen to an explanation do you really expect to be treated with courtesy and kindness. tire guys are people too.. and the same *** thing could happen at any tire shop. sometimes it is their fault but just be reasonable and respectful and everything should go smoothly. and all yall people complaining about your tires wearing out.. try rotating them every 3 to 5 thousand miles, it helps trust me.. and if they still wear out keep your paper work and your tires will be prorated..

Larry Kelley

Jan 14, 2012

Sam's wouldn't stand behind the junk Chinese pickup tires that I bought.Out of 5 tires that I bought,2 ended up bulging out with broken belts even though the truck sits up most of the time . I dropped my membership because of their "careless" atitude.Their buyers purchased these LT235/85R16 tires from China & don't want to bear any responsibility for their mistakes. The tires don't have 2,000 miles on them. I will never set my feet in a Sam's Club again. They did refund my membership dues back when I told them I no longer wanted their membership.

bob

Apr 28, 2013

You get what you pay for when you buy cheap Chinese ***! :upset

Beth

Dec 21, 2011

On the contrary, myself and a friend have had excellent experiences with SAMS club! He had a valve stem problem and they gave him a new tire and money back because the tire was cheaper now than when he purchased it. I have bought a couple sets of tires there and they have kept their word. I got near 100,000 miles on these tires!

Timothy

Dec 11, 2011

Dont buy tires from Sams they wont stand behind the warranty-I have 35 thousand miles on a set of Michelins 195/65R15s with one almost bald that are 80 thousand mile tires. With the other three at 3/10ths. And they wont do a thing. Tires do not last long in southern Fl.

bob

Apr 28, 2013

Try rotating your tires once in while. Sams club does it for free! :grin

Jose HoseB.

Nov 17, 2011

The reality is that thanks to Walmart's incredible buying power, they get much better pricing than the local guys, so they undercut them every time. I called a couple of tire companies, and asked them if the tires that they sold Walmart / Sams were seconds, and they told me that the tires were the same ones they sold to everyone else, and were first quality.

I'm betting that these stories were posted by local tire shops to take business away from Sams.

Don't take my work for it. Call Michelin, Goodyear and Continental and ask them yourself.

Jeff Gant

Oct 29, 2011

Never again Sams Club! I purchased a set of four 60K mile BF goodrich tire 2 1/2 years ago. All 4 tires were totally worn out at 30 thousand miles. After standing in line for 30 min. , while the 2 customers got turned down on warranty related issues, I was told my tires wore out because I only had them rotated 4 times in 2 1/2 years. They told me I should have had them rotated 1 more time to get the warranty. The then offered me a set of michelin tires for retail without any warranty adjustment. I turned them down, went home, and called BF Goodrich. They agreed with me that the tires shouldn't have worn out at 30k miles, and sent me to anothe dealer. Went to Sears and got me a %50 refund on my worn out set towards the purchase of a new set of michelins. I got the new tires put on, and made it home in 1/2 the time sams told me it would take Sams to put on a new set.
The tires had to be defective to begin with. Sears told me that they had beed discontinued, yet sams still had some for sale in their stock.

Pat

Oct 24, 2011

Thanks for your comments. Based on all of your feed back I am not going to SAMs for tires.

John

Aug 29, 2011

Yes indeed!!! I spend most nights out following Sam's employees as they put nails on the road outside of customer's homes. I know they do this to sell more tires and get better store grades from upper management. :grin

1-20 of 62 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about SAMS Club.
Filing a new complaint about
×