Just applied for the Sams Club Mastercard and went through the process of verifying my identity over the phone (never had to do this with any other credit card company in my life!) After this process was completed, I was told "Congratulations! You have been approved for a credit limit of $1,000." I have more than thirty years of credit history, a credit rating of 804, and two other credit cards with limits of $12,000 and $20,000, and they give me a credit limit of $1,000?

After I questioned this, I was transferred to the customer service department where I was told I could request an increase in my credit limit. It required that they do a new credit inquiry (they just did that a week ago when I applied for the card!). So I reluctantly agreed to this, and they upped my credit limit... to $2,000!!!

Whoopee! I now have a very bad feeling about this operation (Synchrony Bank in Orlando Florida) and hope that I will not be sorry I applied for this card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Sams Club Credit