On Saturday, October 6, I purchased a 3-tier cake from Sams Club in Danville, VA. After picking up the cake from the club, I took it directly to the church.

After about a hour with the cake sitting on the table, the cake began to lend over to the left and continued during that. We were afraid that it would fall before the bride had an opportunity to cut it. Finally, we removed the top layers while the reminder of the cake continued to lend. When the cake was cut, it just fell apart as each sliced was cut.

I know that we should have taken pictures but at that moment, all I could think about was the fact that my daughter's cake was ruined.

Some of the guest remarked and asked where the cake was purchased.

I called Sams Club and spoke to the bakery manager. She made me to feel as if I had done something to cause the cake to fall. Also was the wedding inside or outside. She finally agreed that she would give me $15 of the cake money back.

I think the cake cost around 69.00. I didn't think this was fair. I called the Sams 800 number and was told that they could do nothing. I could go back to the store and talk to the manager.

After talking to him, he told me that he would give me my next cake free.

Well, I don't want another cake free, I would like part of my money back. In fact, I don't think I ever want another cake from the Sams Bakery.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

How does a cake lend over? What is a cak?