Paris, Texas

Update by user Dec 06, 2012

It took six months to get my refund from Phillips, and I finally received it within a week after I posted this complaint on their Facebook page. The Sam\'s Club manager called me two days ago and said they are making policy changes regarding TVs and will accept a return under such circumstances and then they will be look for the refund. So a small victory, even if late...

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2012

Philips TV and warranty purchased from Sam's Club. 45 days after purchase, broken.

More than 30 days so couldn't return. Warranty not in effect until Manufacturer's warranty in 1 year. Phillips did phone test and said could not be fixed, must be returned and they don't have that model any longer so refund would be issued. First had to fuss at Sam's to get refund of the extended warranty.

Then returned TV to Phillips 7/27/2012 per all their instructions. As of today, and countless phone calls, still no refund of $698.

Told on 7/27 it would take 4-6 weeks. Today 11/5/2012, for the fifth time since September, I am told "the check is in the mail."

Product or Service Mentioned: Sams Club Warranty.

Comments

I am going though the warranty Process right now with a Philips 52" TV. Repair Guy said that they can't get parts for it. So they would send get with me on a replacement.

They said they would replace it. So I get the lady on the phone that says all we have is a Vizio TV to replace your Philips.

I have two smaller Vizio's that are completely junk in my garage as parts right now. i don't want a *** Vizio. I bought a Philips and would like something comparable.

I FINALLY received my refund six months after I was told to ship it back for a refund. It came within a week after I posted all about this on the Phillips Facebook site... Hmmm....

Ihad the same experience with a Westinghouse TV. Sam's made me deal with them directly, still waiting for a refund after they promised it by last week. Just got a letter from the Better Business Bureau to whom I'd complained that says another delay to December 15th.