Sams Club - Beware of Sam's Club auction website

750 of 974 Sams Club reviews

I won a bid for 2.5 gal beverage dispenser on Sam's Club online auction for $1.One would think - great deal- however, the email confirmation stated the shipping/handling fee was $60!

Talking about price gouging and deceit!!

When I called their customer service was that $60 fees remain even if the item was returned! How did a $1 item become $61? Totally unfair and outrageous!

Be careful that it doesn't happen to you, and voice your complaint(s) when you feel you have been wronged.This was definitely wrong, and hope others learn from this situation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 162 Yes 162
750 of 974 Sams Club reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 14 #1227075 Ashton, Idaho, United States

I won a few things on the Sam's Club auction. They were really good deals but then got an email that they didn't have the product. This has happen 3 times.

Man

Sep 29 #1220393

The high prices on the auctions are due to idiots that don't know what they are bidding on.
They just HAVE to win the auction and drive the price far beyond what the retail price is.
I have witnessed this MANY times and just want to SHAKE the people, but this is not possible. Even today that someone bid 401 on a tablet that was 189 in the store Unbelievable !!

Man

Sep 29 #1220389

I have bought 1000's of items off the auction in the last 7 years. I have been shipped obviously the wrong items.. and in more than 10 cases, store returns missing parts or damaged. In 95% of the time I get what I bid on, but sometimes I don't. I thought they were supposed to be NEW items. One thing that kills me is people bidding as high as 400.00 for an item that can be bought online for 190.00. Do people NOT read and check out the price before they bid or do they just have to win at what ever cost ?
Flabbergasted lol!!

SciForce

Oct 17 #1228286

Sometimes items are not available in all areas of the US and abroad but will ship there relatively cheap via the auction site. So people spend more money to buy the item.
Also there are people that do have to win at all cost. Some people never even check the prices, I see a Casio calculator set people are spending $15 for but on the Sam's website it retails for $9.81. I guess some people may not have a membership as well.

Aug 01 #1193087 Mountain View, California, United States

I know that this does happen and if you call customer service and ask for a private bid when you see the item up again they will give you what they call a private bid. They will send the sale to your email in the exact amount that you did and all of a sudden the item was out of stock. You basically bid the same exact price and win the bid with no one being against you!
I have however been the winner of the actions of expensive rugs that were cancelled on me on the rugs never came up again .... that is just a plain bummer ..
Not enough reason for me to give up on the site however!

Aug 01 #1193084 Mountain View, California, United States

I have had problems with their website overcharging for delivery. In most instances especially this one, where there was a blayant error in the shopping cost. One should simply call the samsclub auction number explain the $60 charge for plastic items and it would have been taken care of. The $60 would have been reduced to about $6 .... which is where this error probably occurred from in the first place ... and you would have me billed The $1 plus $6 horse shipping plus the tax! That simple I have no idea what this customer is complaining about ... and believe me I buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff off of the samsclub auction site! You must be aware however that if you purchase a very large heavy piece of furniture there could very well be $150 delivery fee! I hope this clears that up!

Apr 13 #1144124

When you bid you can see freight and handling as well as tax. You are right about charges they are ecessive but some are reasomable

LadyScot

Mar 27 #1134769

Perhaps you could have saved your self the sticker shock by actually reading the auction information before placing your bid. The shipping, tax, etc are all stated right on the page for you to read before you bid. Once you bid, you agree to the price.

8 0 Reply

Mar 27 #1134767

Before submitting bid the site tells you the shipping costs. Pay attention!

3 0 Reply
Lena

Mar 18 #1129441 Gilbert, Arizona, United States

I have been going crazy trying to log on, using my sams credit card. I guess their number is too long, it won't print the last digit. So, it's their card and their problem, I've made phone calls etc about getting signed up just so I could spend my money on their product, but I'm tired of beating my head against the wall, and I will not use another cr. cd., if they won't let me used theirs. From what I've been reading, maybe I'm lucky it didn't take my card.

0 1 Reply

Mar 07 #1123524

I agree that the shipping fee is extreme BUT it is very clear that the shipping fee is listed BEFORE you click on your final bid. So, for every auction, you know the full amount due including the shipping and tax before you even bid! When I saw that an item I wanted was too much to ship, I did not click it on but canceled the bid and all was fine.

Jan 28 #1102229

I guess you didn't read the info before you confirmed your bid.
We have purchased an office chair, a men's bike that were a very good price and we knew what the shipping was before we confirmed our bid. READ PEOPLE READ PEOPLE not sams problem its yours.

4 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1087927

When you place a bid if you are smart enough to read all the information in that box it tells you how much your shipping will be. At that time if you don't want to pay that much just hit CANCEL. Your own fault. So quit complaining.

3 1 Reply

Dec 28, 2015 #1085093

I 100% agree, kindness rules the day. However; I have been a victim of winning an item to low in price and suffered the cancel auction bs.

Dec 28, 2015 #1084725

Won 2 items. Was sent an email with a tracking number and waited. Called numerous times about it and was then told the items were out of stock. It's been 2 months and I'm still trying to get my money back.

Dec 05, 2015 #1074220

I won a tv on Sams Club auction site, worst experience in my life. Their customer service number leaves you on hold for hours. I spoke with 5 different people and every single one of them told me a completely different story. One manager told me they need to train their staff better. i have been a Sams Club Member for years and will never return, Costco here i come!

4 0 Reply

Oct 28, 2015 #1055177

Call your credit card company and ask them to handle it. It works most of the time.

Oct 28, 2015 #1055167 Blue Springs, Missouri, United States

I thought buying from Sansclub auctions was the way to go. But before you bid check what the thing cost at your local store. Then use that to get a base price. You may think your bid is cheap and a good deal. You may have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a big item because of shipping and order time. Then pay shipping on top of that. Most of the time your local store price is the same price or cheaper. You can take it home on the spot
I will never use Samsclub austions again.

1-20 of 96 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.