17.6K views

I won a bid for 2.5 gal beverage dispenser on Sam's Club online auction for $1.One would think - great deal- however, the email confirmation stated the shipping/handling fee was $60!

Talking about price gouging and deceit!!

When I called their customer service was that $60 fees remain even if the item was returned! How did a $1 item become $61? Totally unfair and outrageous!

Be careful that it doesn't happen to you, and voice your complaint(s) when you feel you have been wronged.This was definitely wrong, and hope others learn from this situation.

Comments

Don't give me that {{Redacted}}. It tells you BEFORE every bid you make how much the shipping is. Either you are an idiot or you are a troll lying about your made-up bid.

An issue I am having with the Sams Club auction site is a computer I bought.I got it at a fair price , when it arrived the first thing I did was start it up ...

SURPRISE ... it had a business's name from Utah on computers name box & was unable to start it because this company left their password protection on. Sam's auction didn't consider it defective even though it would not work for me in condition I received it. They told me to contact HP and see if they would help me.

Long story short..

after spending my time to make computer reset its password protection , I got it to start up and upon inspecting it , computer did not have a lighted keyboard like the auction website (and my printed receipt says it has...I was gifting it, and that was a BIG deal to me , the lighted keyboard .....I will post how this turns out, so far a inaccurate listing isn't a reason for return either

Wow didn't realize that Sam's auction was now having reserves on their items.They don't tell you this of course.

I bid on a item and watched it til it ended and I was the winning bid. Then a second later I receive a email saying I my 66.00 bid was out bid by 75.00. The item even said it ended at 66.00 dollars.

What a bunch of bull ***.They just lost me as a customer.

to Sandy #1426480

Um, you needed to refresh your page. That was your problem.

Always look at shipping charges before you commit to a purchase. If it looks too cheap it usually because of the shipping charges. That's not the case on most items but beware

algorithm has changed...all items are suddenly going for 40% higher than all previous auctions...and sometimes for way more than in the store.

also realized many of these items are returned items from previous customers... I received a soundbar yesterday ....the box had been previously torn open and was patched back together and sent to me...haven't hooked it up yet...doubt it works

I am also just realizing that Hue Lighting I received probably was returned after someone swapped generation 3 bulbs with generation two bulbs...still investigating this ..need to call Phillips

as of September 27, 2017....auction site must have changed their algorithm....suddenly ALL the auction items are selling at more than in the store and about 40% higher than all previous auctions for the same items

to Bruce #1428648

I concur.I used to regularly get items at a great price, and now nothing.

Most items on here going for retail plus shipping.

I keep looking, but feel they now have reserve price.Item selection now also terrible.

First of all , let's not be too critical of Sam's Club...although $60.00 does seem a little high for shipping, it is still your fault...

Before hitting the button to submit your bid there is a display that shows your bid and ANY shipping charges.You apparently hit the button without looking at the displayed shipping charges.

If those charges were unacceptable then you should have NOT hit the submit button.You did...your lack of attention was the major contributor to this shocking shipping charge problem...buyer beware...or at least be alert.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1342484

I "won" a 21" spinner suitcase but they sent me a 29".I called and they said they wouldn't exchange the suitcase but would refund my money.

I got a good price and needed a carry on.Now I have to go elsewhere.