1.3K views

I always buy any meat at Sam's club. Completely Satisfied.

Second time for the last 2 weeks I have to throw one of the chicken *** that come in the package. Why... When you cut it, you see the texture is different. Not like meat. More like a hard texture, like potato.

The first time, I ignored it and cooked it anyway. Same texture and nasty feeling between your teeth after it was cooked. Got rid of it immediately. Today I am cooking again, same experience. I know it is not the store and I called 1888-Members Mark just to address the issue. I was told to return it. That won't help. The company should be aware of it.

I wish I had a way to submit the feeling when you cut it and chew it.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same issue with our chicken. It's texture is not right.

Looks funny uncooked and downright discusting when cooked no matter how you prepare it. Whatever supplier they are using needs cutoff and investigated.

Ditto!! For the umpteenth time (now the last!) i have purchased Makers mark chicken and the final product still tastes and feels as though it’s uncooked!!!

I happen to be a chef and have been cooking chicken for almost 40 years, so I know what cooked chicken should taste and feel like like, and this brand of chicken DOES NOT!! The texture, when chewing it, feels identical to raw chicken!

Horrible!!! I will never buy Sam’s club or Walmart’s chicken ever again!

I went on line to find the source of Sams chicken since the breast are abnormally large. I have been cooking for my dogs and I see an odd look and texture to the meat. This is scary for the consumer

@Anonymous

When you buy chicken it usually has a see thru package. When the breasts are large and off color they are probably laying hens (old) that are retired, or old roosters, okay for soup, correctional institutions, or any thing that is cut up in small pieces, boiled not fried or baked.

pay attention when you buy, the "value pack or budget pack you will probably get older (looks different in texture and color) hens and roosters. Roosters are raised to be roasting and bakers and are large 9/10 pounds and are about 12/13 weeks when slaughtered. Birds older that are mostly what you are complaining about. Most birds that make the best fryers and broilers are 7/8 weeks old and about 5 lbs at slaughter, the meat is very pale yellow to pale pink and smooth, cooks white.

Also ladies, the chicken is graded when processed when you buy budget or value packs you'll most likely get at least one breast off color.

Now that you've be educated by a country boy you can buy correct and quit *** about your chicken. I'm not just talking I'm telling you what I know.

I totally agree. They are supposed to be skinless but they have like a flesh colored membrane and you cannot shred.

I always cook these to top my dogs dry food but this is not real chicken meat .

I think we should notify USDA or someone. It is not the way I cook them at I simply bake in a foil pan covered in foil as there is a lot of liquid in them 350 for one hour to one hour and a half depending on thickness and amount.

@Kathy Bignell

OVER COOKED by at least 45 minutes thus all the liquid. Glad you are not cooking for me, but for your dogs who don't mind DRY food.

Boneless chicken frys in about 20 minutes and roasted or oven cooked as you said about 35 minutes.

No mention of a husband, guess he long gone sense it seems he had no HOUSE WOMAN ! Poor Dogs.

I agree we stopped buying chicken a good year ago at Sam's. Just didn't like the texture!

In a hurry so we tried again. This time I have to say it is disgusting. It is just like rubber!!

Will never ever buy chicken breasts again at Sam's. Gross!!!!!!!

@Anonymous

NO CHANCE IT IS THE WAY YOU'RE COOKING IT, EAH?

Beware! Do not buy Members Mark Fresh Chicken breast at Sam's Club.

Very tough and dark inside.

Funny taste. Maybe that is why it is on sale all the time.

Have bought meat from Sam's for many years. The chicken recently has been horrible in taste and texture.

It is almost like chewing on a hard rubber ball.

Don't know if they are using old chickens or something else. Had to throw away left over chicken because no one will eat it.

My husband and I have noticed the texture is different as well. It's porous and when you cook it, it comes out stringy. There has to be a way we can contact Member's Mark, as this chicken is unacceptable.

We cooked chicken tenders from Sam's the last two nights. The first night I thought the marinade was bad.

The chicken was very salty and had the uncooked potato consistency. Last night I cooked the same chicken tenders and made a marsala sauce. The sauce on it's own was delicious.

The chicken though had the same nasty salty taste and the texture was just as bad. We will never buy "fresh" chicken from Sam's again.

Very disturbed with these chicken *** lately! Texture, grain of the meat and direction of it!

As if it's something else other than chicken.

I'm a creeped out Chef. We grilled them and they puffed up (!) and although they tasted like chicken, I can't believe it is really is chicken.

Yep, we have loved Sam's chicken for years (always moist and tender) but for two months in a row we bought the boneless, skinless chicken breast and when we grilled them the texture was very strange. I put them back on the grill and when they seemed to be getting tender they were dried out and almost burnt.

I had to start baking them in the oven to make them tender. It is hard to describe but it is almost like they are not meat.

Just cut up some chicken *** purchased from Sam's Club and noticed it was hard to cut in some areas. Then, while eating it I noticed the consistency is very distributing.

Not sure what the deal is, but I will not be buying anymore. Gross.

h.kitchener

WalMart/Sam's Club meats come into their stores pre-packaged and we no longer buy meat there because of the "odd" consistency and taste. They must be injecting the meat with something to help preserve it or into the package at the plant.

In any case, we no longer trust it.

Try a different store with a meat department that actually cuts and packages their meat on site. We found a great little meat market and tho they charge a bit more usually, it tastes great and not like some over processed junk sold at WalMart.

@h.kitchener

Thanks for the comment. We are about to throw away about 15 lbs of chicken *** that we separated from the original container and put into freezer bags.

We just made a meal with fresh chicken breast from Sam's and no one is eating it because of the texture. Very disappointed.

@h.kitchener

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG, IT IS PREPAIRED AND PACKAGED BY A CENTRAL SAMS/WALMART PLANT. THIS IS BECAUSE EACH SAMS STORE'S HAD BUTCHERS UNIONS THAT COULDN'T BE SATIFIED SO PRICES COULD NOT BE STABLE.

THIS CHANGE WAS MADE ABOUT 6 OR 7 YEARS AGO. SAMS AND WALMART BUYS TOP GRADE MEAT AND POULTRY AND THEY ARE UP THERE IN RATING WITH THE TOP STORE, CHECK IT OUT.

THERE IS NO BETTER GROCERY CHAIN WITH HIGHER GRADE MEAT. NOT ALL MEAT IS PREPACKAGED.