Verified Reviewer

Today, 3/21/21 I went to Sam's in Oxford, AL. It was like Christmas.

Checkout lines were halfway down the store, EVERY line. There were only 2 cashiers and every other self check out open. Stood in the line for 20 minutes, and it did not move. The cashier was having trouble not sure, but I think they were trying to get approved for a credit card, but whatever it was, the cashier was having trouble.

She motioned for help from the 2 managers, and they did not help. I then went to the manager and asked why they would not open other registers with so many people standing in line. I was informed that Sam's is doing away with the cashiers and some self-checkouts. Furthermore, I told her I did not appreciate that because we the people buy our memberships and buy their merchandise, and now you're telling me we will have no service.

I told her someone needed to help the cashier so that those people could get finished and the line could move. Another CS lady came and told all of us in line the same thing. Again, the line was not moving. The longer I stood there the madder I got, so I knew I needed to leave.

I took my buggy to her and told her that I had perishable food and that it needed to be put back, so it would not ruin but that I would not stand in line anymore. She said ok and bye now. I said bye. She then told me that I would not be missed if I never came back.

I told her I may not be missed but the other customers that feel the same way will be missed because of Sam's not wanting to check their customers out. I refuse to go back to that store. I realize that self-checkout is what every store is going to, but I expect more from customer service. Also, all the managers and CS up from are black.

The 2 cashiers that were working were white. The manager and CS were just walking around like they did not see anyone or notice anything. I am tired of positions being given to people of color who do not have the intellect to do the job. That is discrimination and something needs to be done about that.

And no I am not a prejudice.

I believe in fairness and working for what you have. Not being given something just because of your skin color.

Preferred solution: The customer service lady, Tonya, should be reprimanded for her statement to me. Also, the managers and CS workers should be working not standing around ignoring the customers. .

Sams Club Cons: Lazy customer service up front.

Location: 1900 Oxford Exchange Boulevard, Oxford, AL 36203

Comments

#1996031

What does their race have to do with your complaint?

Sams Club Reviews