2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased my first pair of glasses at Sam's club about 90 days ago.When I received them I noticed that I was having a lot of difficult in keeping things in focus.

I was losing my balance and having bad headaches. I went back to the store and it was determined that the glasses bifocal had been place too high on the glasses. They then replaced my glasses, no problems. Now that I have the new glasses I am still having a problem with my left lens.

It is blurry all the time. I called the optical department and was told that my initial 60 day warranty was over and I would be charged for another Doctors visit and charged for any lens correction. If they take into consideration that my new glasses only arrived a month ago the warranty should be in affect. BTW...I can find NOTHING stating that the warranty for glass frames and lenses is only 60 days.

The original cost of the visit / glasses was around $600.This seems to be quite a little rip off they have going.

Review about: Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Refund policy on eyeglasses.

Had an Experience with Sams Club?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1326607

Places that sell eyeglasses make most of their money from selling the frames and all those "extra" enhancements like tinted glass, UV protection, etc.Spending more than 30 or 40 dollars on the frame is just throwing money away.

The real dupes are those who buy the "designer" frames.

If you are still having problems seeing with your Walmart glasses, I would get your eyes examined by an opthamalogist and see what he comes up with as far as your prescription and compare it to the one the Walmart optometrist determined.Remember, the operative word for anything sold by Walmart is "cheap" and not in price!