This email is to formally lodge a complaint regarding a Sams Club employee, the female associate who works at the Hot Dog Cart at Sams Club 6441, US98 in Lakeland, FL.Unfortunately, I have not been able to obtain her name, I've never noticed her name tag, but she was on duty on 10/1/11 at 15:23:25.

I am appalled at this person's lack of professionalism, rudeness and discourteous manner. I shop at Sams Club at least once a week, usually on Saturdays and as a treat I stop the Hot Dog Cart. This is my fourth negative encounter with this associate and quite honesty I feel that I should take my patronage elsewhere. Today she displayed her disgust with serving us, and deliberately vulgar.

I believe she is in need of cultural sensitivity training as her manner displays such. Not all Hispanics are uneducated, as she believes. She should be informed that "those people" assist in her continuing employment. Additionally, "those people" should be able to have their order as they prefer as we are paying for it.

Though we do not spend more than 100.00 on one visit, our patronage does contribute to the economy.

I've decided to drive the extra miles and shop at the Sams Club on the Southside of Lakeland before having to continue having my family treated in a deeming and disrespectful manner.As my Grandmother would say one bad apple does spoil the bunch.

Review about: Sams Club Dog Food.

Had an Experience with Sams Club?

Comments

negps11

you CAN NOT lose your job for giving the customer what they want with in reason,sounds to me Eely went above what most customers would have,Eely glad to hear you stood up for youeself and your right people who work @ sams need not to get on here its not for them its for us!

You are making this up.No one is as bad as you making this girl sound.

They would have been fired long ago if this was true. It sounds like you are trying to get someone in trouble because you are mad that they wouldn't make you a special order. We don't do custom orders plain and simple. If she did she would lose her job.

That is why it doesn't happen no matter how many times you ask and she doesn't get fired no matter how many times you complain.If you have a problem with that then stop shopping there or take it up with someone in Bentonville who writes policy.

I shop at the Sams Club that you are referring to about 3 times a week.I always stop by the "hot dog stand".

I have never had any problems with any of the young ladys behind the counter. I have stood in line and I have had to wait for my food also. I have never seen any of the customers in front of me (and I do pay attention)treated unfairly. I think that maybe you are looking into this a little to much.

There have been times where it was understaffed (maybe because someone was at lunch), they lady tries to do the best she can. ...

also, if any of the ladies there were that bad than they would not be working there.The ones that are there have been there for a while.

I would never shop at Sam's Club or pay a fee for the privledge of shopping somewhere. Anything you can get at Sam's you can get at Wal Mart or on WalMart.com and have free shipping to the store.

Ordinarily I would not answer dim comments but after reading my posting I do apologize for not making my grievance clearer.I neglected to mention that I did contact the store manager and was told I would receive a reply regarding my complaint.

I was under the impression that this forum was intended for a consumer to “vent” to other consumers, and not necessarily to complain to the company directly. I thought I made it clear that every encounter with this associate has been negative. I’ve actually watched her demeanor change when approached by a person of color. Her actions towards me are not personally directed for any actions I created, other than looking Hispanic.

To review her actions towards me have been to act as though I am not in line and actually address the person behind me, slam drinks on the counter, make us wait for our order (and this is not for a custom made order), start a conversation with another associate while taking my order, dropping a drink cup while handing it to me and refusing to replace it (sorry but I refuse to let my children drink from a cup that has been on the floor), and the pièce de résistance – throwing change on the counter to my daughter, seeing the coins fall on the floor ,not apologizing and stating “those people can’t catch”.

I’ve worked as a server and know firsthand how rude customers can be, which is why I treat sales people in a courteous and respectful manner, and demand the same from my...

Incidentally, my parents and grandparents were born in New York State and while I do speak Spanish there is not a hint of an accent, as such, I’ve never been mistaken as an “alien”, but don’t get me wrong, I love my Heritage and thank God everyday that I was born Latina.

nikalseyn

The hot dog lady probably suspects you are an illegal alien and thus treats you like a criminal.Although, perhaps you just "suspect" she does not like people of your heritage and portray an "attitude" when dealing with her.

In any event, if you have a complaint, talk to the store manager.Posting complaints about a business without attempting to resolve the problem with management get you nowhere.