Concord, California
2.9K views
3.0
Layout of Store

They make "downgrade of membership" almost impossible... cannot do it online, the physical line at member services in the Concord, CA store was very long and employee there seemed not to be able to downgrade it for me either, and people behind me were getting very impatient (understandably), so I gave up there. Now I suppose the phone number will only work during certain hours when I cannot call. Very frustrating!!!

I don't find the plus membership worthwhile. They say they give $10 for every $500 spent, but I've only seen 1 "check" and have spent thousands there since I've had the plus Membership. It's not really a check... payee is Sam's Club, so really it's more like a coupon, easy to lose or simply never have it with you when you shop. Since I have a credit account with Sam's, sure seems they could credit me and make it a real benefit. But the intent, I suspect, is to sell it as a benefit, but make it as difficult as possible for the customer to actually claim the benefit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sams Club Membership.

Preferred solution: Fix website to allow downgrades. Stop selling Plus Memberships at checkout (in stores) - too high pressure, misleading..

• Sam s Club Membership

Comments

If this is how it's going to be I don't think I will even try renewing/downgrading. I will just let my membership expire.

They should let people downgrade online with no fuss.

Since downgrading requires a phone call or a trip to customer service I won't bother. I wasn't shopping there enough to justify the membership anyways and redeeming my cash back rewards this year was too much hassle too.

Now Sam's is downgrading regular membership...they say they now give free shipping to plus members but really just taking free shipping from regular... copying Amazon...and like I did with Amazon I will not order from them again...

how do you turn off the auto renewal ? I want to downgrade also as my rewards (which I have not seen yet, but they do say are award only annually) would equal $50, the membership level difference.

I going to let my memebership run out this month because it's a hassle to downgrade to regular membership.

For all plus members every $500 spent you do get $10 back. Of course not all items apply!

Fuel, milk, tobacco, etc. there are quite a few things that don't qualify for cash rewards! If you ever need to charge the balance you can check online or give customer service a call. We could explain to you how cash rewards work!

Also if you ever downgrade from plus to standard and you do have cash rewards be aware that once you downgrade you will forfeit those cash rewards and they will be lost. Hope this helps

If you ever need to downgrade your membership whether if it is the plus, standard you can call customer service if lines are too long in club. We can help out with that.

Now if the membership is a business membership and has add on's the only way to downgrade may be online or even the club. Over the phone we can not downgrade if you have add on's of course if the membership is a business membership.

Only the primary can make all changes, the primary card holder can only downgrade the membership for all types of memberships. Hope this helps

@Anonymous

It won't let you downgrade online.