3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered a Muscle Rack 5 Shelf Steel Shelving Unit, it was delivered on Friday 8/31 at 7:15 in the evening. This Shelving Unit is for a project I planned on completing over the 3 day Labor Day weekend. When I unpacked all the contents from the shipping box, which was pretty torn up due to the poor quality of the box the vendor "Sandusky" used, which is apparently a division of Edsal Manufacturing Company in Chicago; I discovered that a critical part was missing, a post coupler. Therefore it was impossible to assemble the entire shelf unit with only 3 legs.

I contacted Sam's help line on Saturday 9/1 who in turn tried to contact Sandusky. Being it was a Saturday on Labor Day weekend they were naturally closed. I followed up by calling Sam's help line again on Tuesday 9/4 and they were able to contact Sandusky at this time. The response from Sandusky is they will send me the coupling but it will take 5 to 7 days before they can ship it.

Sandusky must be an incredibly large company and the communication within the company must be made by a very very slow walking person for it to take this amount of time to ship a replacement part. So here I sit waiting for a part to finish my project which will now be over a week late in completing.

My recommendation is to never buy anything from Sam's Club online that is ultimately being shipped from Sandusky in Chicago. Their customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered.

In full disclosure, Sam's Club did provide me with a $25 gift card for my "inconvenience"; it seems the only entity that lost in this transaction is me, the consumer; Sam's Club received my payment for the merchandise and Sandusky will be paid by Sam's; so why is it that I am the only party that is damaged or inconvenienced on this overall transaction. -my opinion is everyone should avoid purchasing any Sandusky product-

Product or Service Mentioned: Sandusky Lee Shelving Unit.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: send me a coupling immediately via next day delivery or provide me a full refund so I can purchase a complete shelving unit elsewhere.

Comments