Butler, Georgia
4.2
Layout of Store

I did talk to a manager at Sam’s Club about offering electric handicap carts that are nearly discharged, to customers, after I had two carts go completely dead on me inside the store during my last visit requiring me to change to a third cart that had enough power for me to finish shopping and get me back to the truck outside.. When a cart goes dead, I call the customer service desk usig3 my cell phone and give them my location inside the store and explain my predicament including the fact that I can’t walk.

It takes a while for them to bring another cart to me, transfer my purchases to the new cart and me struggle to get on the new cart without falling. Having it happen a second time made me want to give up and go home but I didn’t. I asked the manager why he couldn’t fully charge a discharged cart, (takes from 8 to 14 hours to fully charge), before he released it back into service and he told me that the American Disabilities Act prevents him from denying the use of any cart if a customer requests one.

He can’t even deny someone, like a child out for a joy ride, from using the carts, he told me. Personally, I think it is too much trouble to do it right; why couldn’t he put charging carts out of the public eye until they are fully charged?

This person wrote the review because of "discharged handicap carts" at Sams Club. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sams Club to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was handicap carts going dead. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Costco. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sams Club and sams club manager for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1520770

The ada doesn’t require them to even have carts they provide them t be nice so if they don’t have them charge there’s not a whole lot you can do so quit being a whiny *** and get over it

#1519172

I am on a walker and can only walk very short distances. How can I be assured of the use of a cart with the volume of people that go to Sam's each day.

Orange, California, United States #956760

You say it takes a while to get the cart to you. Do you think you should get preferred treatment just because you cannot walk. Get your own cart.

to KevinRichards #1535653

You are a uncompassionate *** Most people with disabilities have their own scooters however you can’t shop with baskets that small. One day you or someone you love will need one see how you feel about it then.

Because they don't have that many carts on hand. There isn't any specific law that says stores have to supply these carts.

If there was there are a lot of stores that are breaking the law. The stores that have the electric carts do so as a courtesy to their disabled customers. IF you can't walk how do you get from the parking lot to the inside of the store? Also where I live the customers aren't allowed to take the carts out into the parking lot.

I'm sure they have some wheel chairs for the customers to use too. IF you are that bad off you should buy your own electric scooter or power chair.