Long Beach, California
2.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a moderately expensive necklace for my wife for our anniversary. She was very happy with it and put it on.

One hour later she had to take it off because even though it was suppose to be pure Sterling Silver, it had something in it that gave her a rash. So first lesson learned, do buy jewelry at Sam's Club because it's made with inferior materials and it can damage your skin. So two days later, I went to return it. I had the bag, the little tag and the receipt.

I returned to a different location because that is where I was shopping that weekend. First, the lady at the store entrance told me to go to Returns. I waited 10 minutes until my turn came, and was told jewelry has to returned at the jewelry counter. Couldn't the lady tell me that before I wasted 10 minutes??

So I go to the jewelry counter and I give them everything. The guy says, that I need to return it to the same store where I bought it. I told him nobody told me that. Isn't Sam's Club the same company in every location?

Is the jewelry department at Sam's a different entity? No, he just said they have different things in each store. He called the manager and got approval to return it. Now he is looking for something online.

I ask him what is the problem. He says he has to see that it is the same thing I bought. So I looked around and found the same piece of jewelry in the case. I showed it to him, that it's the same one, it has the same tag and the same price.

He evaluated it for a few minutes and than went to the register and did the return. After he was done, I asked him why am I being treated like a criminal. He said it's because some people try to return different merchandise for a refund. I told him that what he does is counterproductive for the store, he criminalizes ten people because one may be a criminal.

I told that I will never buy any other jewelry at Sam's Club ever!!! So the second lesson is that you can't buy any jewelry at Sam's Club if there is a chance you may have to return it.

Sams Club Pros: Prices.

Sams Club Cons: Staff, Customer service.

Comments