2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I applied for a Sam's Club Membership in 2015. I paid them the $150 fee for a plus membership.

As the primary account holder, they said I could put someone else on my account as an authorized shopper, so I put one of my daughters down. Fast forward to 12/22/18. My daughter was in Sam's Club Lewisville TX shopping, and they offered her to apply for a Sam's Credit Card and she would get half off of the Prime Rib she was about to purchase, which was $90, so she agreed. She was approved and they issued her the card and half off as promised.

But what they did next was OUTRAGEOUS. They made her the primary person on my account, disabled my card and told her, I would have to come into the store to get another shoppers card under her name. It was only when I went to log onto my Sam's account to order something on 12/23/18, did I realize I was locked out of my own account. Who does that?

Her applying for a credit card should not have affected my account in any way. I opened that account, signed the agreement and paid them my money. They removed me as the primary person and made my authorized shopper the primary person without my knowledge or consent. I called them, but they said they could not speak to me because I am no longer the primary person.

Seriously? Seeing how upset I was, my daughter went back to the Lewisville store to try to undo the damage.

She was told it should have never happened, but unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I am in the process of seeking legal action for damages.

Reason of review: My membership given to my authorized shopper.

Preferred solution: I want the membership that I paid for restored and I am the primary person of the account I paid and signed the agreement for..

I liked: Purchasing in large quantities.

I didn't like: Inability to undo damage caused by an incompetent worker.

Comments

SnarlingGreyReefShark568

Sams, Costco is just around the corner.

Who pays extra for the privilege of simply entering a store ? Crazy.

They can make their profit from their sales like everyone else and stop irritating and alienating potential customers with the absurd litany of rules.

Just for that, they will have to pay ME if they want the privilege of my patronage. Don't bother to call the workers names ; it's not their setup and they probably hate it more than you do.