Verified Reviewer

3.3

I ordered a mattress online and after several notices to wait, I calked to cancel the order. I was told to call the dedicated Serta number for Sams club and waited over two hours on each of two different days.

The customer service reps were very little help when I finally got through to them to cancel the order. They said I would have to call Serta itself.

When I finally got to Serta, they said they would cancel the order. A week later I got a notice that the order was beibg shipped. Once again I went through the hassle of calling Sams and was told the refund would be issued in 5 to 7 days.

3 weeks later I am still waiting. Today I called Sams again and after waiting for over hslf an hour talked to a person on a foreign country who tried to help but eventually told me I needed to call the dedicated Sams line at Serta. Problem is, that line is only active from 9 to 5 eastern time. Really??

How do people in the western states handle this?

Alaska, Hawaii...ridiculous!! Sams is big enough and has enough money to make refunding an online order as trouble free as doing a refund in the store. I have kept incident numbers from every call I have made to their pitiful non-help line.

For a reference as to my understanding of the retail business, I have been in the big box retail business for over 30 years abd have never encountered such a poorly run customer service situation. Do not order online from Sams!!

User's recommendation: Do not order online from Sams!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sams Club Customer Care.

Sams Club Pros: Close to home, Excellent prices.

Sams Club Cons: Inability to process online refunds, Failure to honor advertised promotion failure to rectify issues.

Comments

#1904324

literally going through the same exact scenario as you.. what a freaking mass.

I told them i wasnt going to call serta... that they need to!

#1904645
@Tekoa

Still waiting for my refund, it is now August 3rd and will call again this aftrnoon when I get home. I have been in contact with supervisors and even Walmart ethics sites.

A back office person has been in touch with me, and I will contact her this afternoon also. GOOD LUCK!!

#1907258
@Tekoa

Are you still waiting for your refund?? It's now August 8th and I'm still waiting for mine.

I've even been contacted through email that I would see my refund anytime.

That was 5 days ago. I think they should pay me back with interest!!

#1909010
@PissedConsumer1907258

It's August 11th, I have been contacted by email with the "back office" people at least 4 times in the last week and still no refund. In my reply today, I went so far as to threaten to take them to small claims court.

That got a call back very quickly. I was told they will call me back tomorrow, so I guess we'll see!!

Sams Club Reviews