Sams Club - Review

On Saturday august 22,2015 it entered the SAMs wholesale tire department in Jonesboro, Arkansas at 5:15 pm to take adavantage of a time sensitive $80 off purchase of four(4) Goodyear light truck tires.Earlier inquiries to employees about the working hours for installation along with store hours posted on a permanent sign outside the store confirmed I was to be there by 6:00 pm and the tire installation shop would install my newly purchased tires.

I drove 125 miles one way from Heber springs. I noticed one vehicle in one bay of the four bay tire installation area as I entered the store.... Thinking ... At least they don't appear to be swamped.

I spoke with Nancy at the tire register and told her I wanted to purchase 4 new Goodyear tires and take advantage if the $80 discount since the tires were in stock with a No Raincheck notice and an expiration on the sale ending Sept. 1st. She appeared to be slightly confused or distracted for a couple of minutes. I pressed her for a total cost of the purchase and if she would please provide me with such $80 discount included.

She handed me a written total stating no installation would be provided today. I asked her why... A heavy set tire installation employee behind her interjected... We are behind.

I told Nancy- the employee I had directed the question to and the person scheduling tire installations - I live out of town 125 miles one way and had checked with them prior to showing up. I was told the tire installation area closes at 7:00 pm as the posted sign indicates. But they STOP taking orders at 6:00 pm. She confirmed and repeated the 6:00 pm cutoff time for taking orders.

I pointed out that it is only 5:20 pm and there is only one vehicle in the work area. It appeared half finished. I stated to Nancy that I was doing as I was instructed. Be there before 6:00 pm.

To clarify where I went wrong I asked Nancy if she would please write down the time I must be there to have my tires installed . She wrote down the exact information I was given prior to driving 125 mikes one way. Be there by 6:00 pm which is their cutoff time for the installation orders. I asked her--- please correct the information--- the sign and your instructions are incorrect.

It is now 5:20 pm. I'm here. And I'm being told NO. Again the heavy set tire installer behind her gave me the look of disgust and said....

We Are Behind. I said ok and went to speak with a manager. THE STORE MANAGER couldn't be working on Saturday so the Asst. Manager Martha listened and said she wasn't sure how there work it out there.

To sum up this complaint--- I list any $80 discount or other savings by having to return the next day, Sunday,--- making my total driven miles 500. 250 miles round trip . Once on Saturday. Again on Sunday.

Not once did anyone in management apologize for any inconvenience or state they would follow up and try to right this wrong.I intet

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sams Club Tire Installation
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #690426

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sams Club? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 28, 2015 #1026416

I don't understand why companies are hiring so many people that have no common sense.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sams Club. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sams Club.
Filing a new complaint about