2.7
Layout of Store

On Saturday august 22,2015 it entered the SAMs wholesale tire department in Jonesboro, Arkansas at 5:15 pm to take adavantage of a time sensitive $80 off purchase of four(4) Goodyear light truck tires.Earlier inquiries to employees about the working hours for installation along with store hours posted on a permanent sign outside the store confirmed I was to be there by 6:00 pm and the tire installation shop would install my newly purchased tires.

I drove 125 miles one way from Heber springs. I noticed one vehicle in one bay of the four bay tire installation area as I entered the store.... Thinking ... At least they don't appear to be swamped.

I spoke with Nancy at the tire register and told her I wanted to purchase 4 new Goodyear tires and take advantage if the $80 discount since the tires were in stock with a No Raincheck notice and an expiration on the sale ending Sept. 1st. She appeared to be slightly confused or distracted for a couple of minutes. I pressed her for a total cost of the purchase and if she would please provide me with such $80 discount included.

She handed me a written total stating no installation would be provided today. I asked her why... A heavy set tire installation employee behind her interjected... We are behind.

I told Nancy- the employee I had directed the question to and the person scheduling tire installations - I live out of town 125 miles one way and had checked with them prior to showing up. I was told the tire installation area closes at 7:00 pm as the posted sign indicates. But they STOP taking orders at 6:00 pm. She confirmed and repeated the 6:00 pm cutoff time for taking orders.

I pointed out that it is only 5:20 pm and there is only one vehicle in the work area. It appeared half finished. I stated to Nancy that I was doing as I was instructed. Be there before 6:00 pm.

To clarify where I went wrong I asked Nancy if she would please write down the time I must be there to have my tires installed . She wrote down the exact information I was given prior to driving 125 mikes one way. Be there by 6:00 pm which is their cutoff time for the installation orders. I asked her--- please correct the information--- the sign and your instructions are incorrect.

It is now 5:20 pm. I'm here. And I'm being told NO. Again the heavy set tire installer behind her gave me the look of disgust and said....

We Are Behind. I said ok and went to speak with a manager. THE STORE MANAGER couldn't be working on Saturday so the Asst. Manager Martha listened and said she wasn't sure how there work it out there.

To sum up this complaint--- I list any $80 discount or other savings by having to return the next day, Sunday,--- making my total driven miles 500. 250 miles round trip . Once on Saturday. Again on Sunday.

Not once did anyone in management apologize for any inconvenience or state they would follow up and try to right this wrong.I intet

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sams club tire installation. Sams Club needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sams club tire installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sams Club. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Costco.

Had an Experience with Sams Club?

Comments

dkchosen1s

I don't understand why companies are hiring so many people that have no common sense.