map-marker Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I contacted sams online order department to cancel a storage building that I ordered. It had not shipped yet so thought no problem. I was told they couldn’t contact distributor by phone so they emaile

They emailed distributor to cancel order. That evening I got a email saying they had shipped it. I was told by a friend they just dump these off in your driveway. Im 80 years old and thought they could be it on the patio. I have no way to move it myself so I canceled it. I was at the store yesterday and now its on sale $50 off to boot. Why was it not canceled as per my request? I think the distributor hurried up and sent it and ignored the cancel notification. If its dumped in driveway or yard I will have to have it picked up and returned.
Joe Hkl
map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

60 Dollar Cake on Food Stamps

I don't have a problem with Food Stamps and feel that it can be a good program that benefits a lot of people. However, yesterday, I stood behind 3 women in line at Sam's Club with a cake that was 3 feet x 1 1/2 feet with Hello Kitty decorations.

$60 dollars...and she paid for it with a SNAP card. $60 dollars! This just chaps my butt. This is just wrong and a bunch of ***!

There is something wrong with the system when money designed for food for a month can so callously be wasted on a $60 cake. It probably would have not bothered me had it been a 20 dollar cake but $60 just blows my mind.

2052 comments
Roald Wgd

This shouldn't require repeating. What someone buys on their food assistance isn't your business unless you are married to them.

Even then, tread lightly. Stay in your lane. Mind your own garden.

And just because you won't take that advice: You don't have to use your entire balance each month. You can budget back a $5.00 each month for someone's $60 birthday cake.

reply icon Replying to comment of Roald Wgd

When he pays for their food by paying taxes it is his business. IF you gave a beggar food for money and they spent it on drugs you would not be happy.

Sort of the same thing. He expects her to spend HIS money on a healthy meal, not junk.

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Roald Wgd

If you are going to pay taxes to pay these people to eat food that is healthy it is your business. You are basically paying for that cake. You as someone that pays for them to eat have every right to be upset and it is your business.

Guest

So because she is on ebt her kids don’t deserve a good birthday cake ?!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2106760

That is not the issue. The issue is that she is supposed to use that money for healthy food.

Also people have stated that she can still give her child a cake and spend way less on it. The sad thing is people actually work, sometimes they have two jobs and they cannot afford cake. They do not get assistance, while people like her use the money from tax payers to buy her the cake. The issue is she is abusing the system.

She can always pick up a cake mix at the dollar store, Target, Walmart , any store that sells groceries and still have cake for her brat. What is she going to feed the child for the rest of the month.

If someone pays taxes they expect the person who gets these benefits to feed their children healthy food. There is no reason she should be spending sixty dollars on cake.

Gianna Zbw
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2106796

I work full time and am a single mom and get EBT. If I want to take a some of that in 1 month to make my child who deserves a nice birthday happy with a nice cake so we can share that special memory with out loved ones, I'll do it.

As a full time employee with 2 degrees , I am also a taxpayer and am allowed to use what I pay out for my kid. Also u pay less than 1% into food stamps so you need to Mind your business and stop calling people's children brats because they're parent doesn't want to get them a ghetto cake for their birthday. You seem like the brat with this post.

Cake has almost everything in the food pyramid btw. Healthy enough for me

Oma Zsi

Cake is not healthy.

Oma Zsi
reply icon Replying to comment of Gianna Zbw

Stop harassing people who pay to feed you.

reply icon Replying to comment of Gianna Zbw

Also it is their business since they pay taxes that go towards feeding your child. If you abuse the system, the people who pay to feed you have a right to be upset.

They should not mind their own business when they are being taken advantage of. The child is the brat.

reply icon Replying to comment of Gianna Zbw

Also, it is easy for you to tell people to budget better because you are not earning your own money to feed your child. IT is easy for you to budget because you get a free handout.

You did not work for that money. Until you earn your own money, you have NO RIGHT telling people to budget their HARD-EARNED MONEY. If you did not get EBT you would not be able to budget and buy the cake.

I am reporting you for fraud, soon you won't have EBT. Easy to say learn to budget better when you are spending someone else money.

View more comments (2051)
TnMtnMn

| map-marker Bentonville, Arkansas

Order Screwed Up SEVERAL Times

Sams Club - Order Screwed Up SEVERAL Times
Sams Club - Order Screwed Up SEVERAL Times - Image 2
Updated by user Dec 19, 2023

BBB is already involved and I still am waiting to receive my lights. And now they aren’t on sale so I’ll be paying an $15 for a set of two of them if I reorder the things.

Original review Dec 19, 2023
I ordered an outdoor lantern for myself. Loved it.

But after 14 months it went bad. Tried taking back to my local store and they wouldnt accept it. So I ordered 2 of the same lights because they were on sale fairly cheap, I had a customer that wanted me to install on their house, and I needed one to replace the bad one. They have tried sending me these units 3 times and each time something happens and they get lost, or get half way to my house then get called back to Texas where they are being drop shipped from.

So I try and call the Sams Club phone number and to to them (calls are being taken in the Phillipines). All numbers that you can get are outsourced to a foreign country. I called my local Sams store, they dont know how to get ahold of ANYONE in Bentonville, AR. I would like to speak to an American about an American problem.

So after contacting the BBB I finally get a call from a Team Leader supposedly in Arkansas. I have been trying to get these 2 lights in my possession since November and still havent received them yet. The Team leader issued me two refunds. One for my initial purchase (which went bad) and a refund for the two I ordered with the understanding that I would get and be able to keep the 2 lights that were ordered to replace a bad one the second light was for a customer that told me they didnt want to wait for a product that was promised to be here a week or two after initial order.

So I lost that job. I got notification that my package was delivered by FedEx today. Well I live in Kentucky and the package was delivered back to the shipper in Texas. This has happened 3 times already.

First it sat at the shippers for 2 weeks, so they reorder me another set. Then it sits at the shipper again but this time they say it was because of an unreadable label. So we reorder again. This time they are shipped, make it Fort Worth, TX and are recalled back to the shipper for unknown reasons this time.
A MAJOR corporation like Walmart/Sams should have an open line to their customer support agents in Bentonville.

I even called Walmart and tried to get them to help. They claim they dont have anything to do with sams club orders. PLUS when you call Walmart customer support youre talking to someone in Egypt. QUIT OUTSOURCING !!
I have an American problem and would like to speak to American about that problem, and whats even more hilarious is that all those customer support agents overseas have no way of contacting anyone in Bentonville, AR, or at least they wont give up any numbers.

Job security.
I pay for the Plus membership at Sams and Im seriously trying to figure out why!! I have placed 4 orders online to be shipped to me. 2 out 4 were screwed up because of the drop shippers Im sure. Sams needs to get their heads out of their butts and wake up.

They think if they offer you a couple of $5 or $10 gift cards it will make your problem all better.

Well you could give me a free lifetime membership to the club and it would NOT make up for this aggravation and frustration of getting these lights. And Ill almost bet that the reason they are returned this time is because of the fact that they were refunded to me, but it was stated that they would be refunded and I would still keep the product when received fr the hassle and aggravation.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Products
  • Location
  • Savings of a basic membership
Cons:
  • No follow up
  • Drop shipments
  • Outsourcing

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’t have ANYTHING shipped to you !!

Resolved
Nadia K Bli

Resolved: Endless bs

Sams Club - Endless bs
Sams Club - Endless bs - Image 2
Sams Club - Endless bs - Image 3
Sams Club - Endless bs - Image 4
Original review Jan 24, 2024
Customer service - I was looking into a refund that I was due and that had me dig deeper into my acct. They owed me refunds since Dec 2022. Calls and emails back and forth, mths later, cc stolen. They are sending me through hoops for my credits. THEY LIE! just want my $. Bank letter sent, not enough.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great prices and hrs i love that they deliver
Cons:
  • Sent to the philippines for customer servicei feel like i am lied too

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Chk your bank statements

TnMtnMn

| map-marker Bentonville, Arkansas

Not received my order

Sams Club - Not received my order
Sams Club - Not received my order - Image 2
Called and talked to a customer support agent. First question I asked - where are you located? Answer - the Phillipines. So I wet on and asked about my order. Asked to talk specifically to a Team Leader that I had earlier dealings with. I was informed they had no way of contacting anyone in the US. Thank goodness it wasnt a National emergency. And then they couldnt give me any information on the whereabouts of my package. PS - quit outsourcing our problems. Its like talking to the neighbors about your parents problems.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Savings on some products
Cons:
  • Slow shipping
  • Poor customer service after the sale
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’t Upgrade to Plus and Don’t get Shipping

Resolved
Donna B Adl

| map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

Resolved: Sold Taco Bell gift card that is not valid

Sams Club - Sold Taco Bell gift card that is not valid
Updated by user Jan 19, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Jan 04, 2024
I purchased a $50 Taco Bell gift card from Sams Club online in November. I received the card/certificate through email. It was a Christmas gift and when the receiver of the card tried to use it, Taco Bell told him that it was invalid. I attempted to resolve the issue through Sams chat. Henry told me that he cannot help me and directed me to Taco Bell. Why would Taco Bell refund money to me when I paid Sams for it? There appears to be no accountability from Sams for selling an invalid card to me.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware purchasing any third party gift cards from Sam’s Club. They refuse to accept responsibility for selling invalid cards to you.

Guillermo M Eke

| map-marker San Juan, San Juan Municipio

Credit card issue

No me he podido comunicar para que me llegue la tarjeta. No he podido realizar el pago del crédito que me dieron.

User's recommendation: Devuelvan llamada

Boomer BOB

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Two Sam’s club online orders, one in July & December of this year the Dog food was missing.

Sams Club - Two Sam’s club online orders, one in July & December of this year the Dog food was...
Something about a good deal or as if its sounds to good to be true probably your gona get screwed. My problem is not Sam Club but their shippers FedX- How do you lose two separate orders and everything else arrives but the Dogs food ! Once in July Then another just last week? Nothing is cheap anymore but come on a 38lb box cant just disappear or can it!!! So, Thank you Sams Club for taking the heat for FedX, Twice.

User's recommendation: Can’t really due much if the product is poached/ stolen of the Front Door. Not much I can do at that point. The FedEx driver shot a pic that proves one minute it’s there poof it’s gone. My bad if I would have had a chance to hide it by the breeze way door?

Sandra R Wai

Sam' clùb card

I am a member of the sam's club i hadnt came to pick up my car having transportation problems rightnow but im coming see you soon thanks for your kindness

Preferred solution: My sam's card soon just keep it for me I'm coming

Kamel Vsf

| map-marker Lilburn, Georgia

Problemas con mi correo electrónico

Perdí mi teléfono y no pude recuperar todos mis contraseñas y tuve que cambiar de correo electrónico y en mi nuevo celular no me permite ingresar a la app de Sams
Tersa Gnz

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Double billing. for membership

Complaint Ref #240328****40 I paid Same Club membership twice: On 3/22/24 $50 membership fee was processed through Synchrony Bank. On 3/27/24 $50 membership was paid at check out, at Sam's store in Jackson TN. Since I do not use the Synchrony Bank credit card, I wish a $50 check issued to me and sent to my address at: 1012 Parkway CV, Humboldt, TN 38343. Also double check that my Sam's membership is no longer auto billed. I will renew membership at the store. Sheila O'Drane Member #:690101****654**** 502 232 ****
map-marker Springfield, Illinois

No aplogy or manager address for complaint.

Is this new store policy? We were nearing check- out when I stepped away to look at jewelry, all of 3 minutes!

When I returned our full cart was missing. After about 10 minutes it was located with half the items having been already returned! We had been in there all the afternoon and were very very tired ; we had to leave without our shopping. It was a very big thing to me as there was no reason!

But zero apologies were forthcoming. Its like its a normal thing and people should expect this.

I do want to complain but where? Nothing else wrong before, except curdled cream Be prepared to lose all the days shopping!!

Guest

The only apology needed was you to apologize to the person putting your cart away.

Guest

Lame....Don't leave unattended carts and you should fine you stupid jelly.

View more comments (1)
Benjimin Qbh
map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

About an Interview

Dear Sir/Madam:

My name is VERA ANKLESARIA

Yesterday, March 21 I had been for an Interview to Sam's Club at Cape Coral. There were 2 Lady Managers One whose name was Ms.

Raven and the other whose name I don't know. Is it true that If I have worked at Walmart, I can't work at Sam's Club??

Anyways, she was very rude to me and did not want me there whereas the other lady wanted to question me more but Ms.

Raven stopped her. Then why did she call me for an Interview if this was going to be the case??

I would like to take this matter seriously, and if someone could get back to me.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

VERA ANKLESARIA

Talbot Ses

In doubt she was rude to you. Just because you did not get what you wanted does not mean that one was rude to you.

GROW UP.

I bet if you did something wrong and needed to be corrected you would claim that they were rude to you. With your attitude no wonder she does not want you working there.

Guest

The only thing that would preclude you would be if you were listed as non-rehirable.

Talbot Ses
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2504767

With her attitude most likely she was listed as non-rehirable. Probably did something wrong and when her manager corrected this childish woman, they called the manager rude.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Meadville, Mississippi

Running my name for a Credit Card

I received a letter stating I was denied for a Sam's MasterCard when I didn't even apply for one. I need these hard inquiries off my credit report.
Beverly A Tbh

Over charged

I was charged 20.00 and I called for a refund as I already have a Sams card. Kindly refund my account! The agent who served me was very helpful. Thanks!

map-marker Austin, Texas

Claim

I called in to check on my claim in your line hanged up on me I need you to return my call number is 512-529-****

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article