2.3
Ease of Use

We bought a whole set of tires from Sam's Club in Goldsboro, NC. These were installed on my son's car (he was 18 at the time), which is registered to my name.

When I bought the tires I SPECIFICALLY asked if my son would be able to bring the car in for tire rotation, which is free if you buy tires there. We live 30 minutes from Sam's Club, but my son has to drive by there daily on his way to his Community College. The first time we got them rotated I went with him to show him how it worked, since he had never been there before (3 hour wait but that's a different story). This next time my son went alone.

I gave him my card and he went straight to the tire area. He waited in line and then was told he couldn't have the tires rotated because it wasn't his card. He came home and the next weekend I took him back to get him a card, but you can only have 2 cards per family. My husband and I both have one since we both shop there.

They wouldn't give my son a card -- told me I had to buy him a membership to have a card in order for him to get the FREE tire rotation! Well, I'm not buying a membership for a 19 year old who will NEVER shop there! So we talked to a supervisor (David) who was very nice and assured us he would take care of this and to just tell the tire people his name next time. Today my son went back.

Again refused. I got on the phone (David was on vacation, of course) with a female supervisor. She and the tire guy both insisted that either I had to be there personally or my son had to have his own card. I work a full time job and live half an hour from Sam's; my son is a student and so has time to sit and wait on tires!

They tried to tell me that they can't "transfer membership" and I argued that I'm not asking to transfer anything. Just rotate the tires! They have our information in the system and he has my card! They can see that it's the same car they put the tires on!

He doesn't want to buy anything with my card, just have the service that is supposed to come with the purchase of the tires. Plus, it's just the principle of the thing -- had I not specifically asked if he would be able to bring it in, I wouldn't be so mad.

But I did ask that question before spending $500 on tires there and now they won't honor what they told me. I hope refusing this is worth it to them because they have lost a customer and have generated a lot of negative publicity for this company.

peggieparks wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sams Club. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Sams Club to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was did not honor service for tires. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Costco. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sams Club and sams club tire rotation for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1205281

FYI: even tho you may have bought name brand tires from Walmart/Sam's Club you are really getting tires that are NOT the same as those sold under that brand name at other retailers. Walmart has tires made to their specs, which are lower than the usual and regular name brand tires.

In other words, cheaper-made tires so Walmart can sell them cheaper, of course.

Thus, if you think you are getting a real good deal on name brand tires at Walmart you are mistaken. Pay a few dollars more and get the good tires elsewhere.