Orlando, Florida
4.3

I have been a member of Sam's Club since they opened day 1 in Orlando, FL and had only a few problems over the 30 years. The employees and their customer service for the most part listened and worked out or fixed the few problems I have ever had to keep me happy.

After all of these years, I had a couple of issues a month ago after buying $4,000 worth of furniture in 1 day for my daughter as an early Christmas/Housewarming gift for their new house. Everyone I talked to at the club agrees with me (except the GM, who was too busy to listen to my problem) in that I was right in being upset but no one can make the decision to fix the problem. Sam's Customer Service line is a waste of time since they are just phone personnel that refer the issue/complaint back to the General Manager of the club where the problem started. No one in the corporate office seems to care any longer about how customers/members are treated in the clubs.

If the GM of the club handles a customer's problem in the wrong way, and you complain to Sam's, the complaint gets sent to the GM of that club and never gets resolved. Too bad, I have loved shopping at Sam's for 30 years and have spent a lot of money there every year but their CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT! It appears everything is swept under the rug and they don't care. If you rely on the wolf to watch over your chickens you are going to be without chickens.

I left my phone number with their customer service department 3 times and no one ever called me back. I cancelled my 30 year membership and joined Costco.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sams Club Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments