4.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Before becoming a member of Sam's Club (Pennsylvania) I was told at the door that I could not even look around without being a member. I stated to the Sam's Club Greeter that I wanted to look around to see if it was going to benefit me to become a member.

He told me that I would have to go to the service counter and get a pass.

After waiting in that line for what seemed like forever I just turned and left the store!!! I decided that they didn't need another member that bad if that's the treatment they were willing to dih out, what a way to TURN away potential customers!!!!!!

Preferred solution: N/A.

I didn't like: Getting turned away at the entry door.

Comments

h.kitchener

Poor customer service is rather common at all Walmarts or Sam's Club locations. As for wanting to "look around" before you pay some store to shop there---great idea. Would that more people would do that.

to h.kitchener #1443709

I agree...except for our local Super Walmart, they are very helpful. When asked where an item is they insist on taking you directly to the item.

I found out years later when one of my family members started working there.

He told me that if an associate is observed going out of their way to assist a customer that there is an incentive for them. I say whatever works for improving customer service!!!