1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

We drove over an hour to go to Sam's Black Saturday Sale. My wife and I arrived at 9 am planning to leave with 2 new cell phones and a new Telcom provider who had recently upgraded and now offers better service in our rural area.

We confirmed that the Samsung Note 5 was the phone for us. The placard at the display listed that the phone was available for 2 providers including the one we wanted. We were set to go.

We spoke briefly to a sales associate who said that the two phones and the service change was "dooable" but we would have to go around the corner and "schedule an appointment" to discuss further.

When we got to the table there was of course a line and 2 associates. (Why were those two not just over at the display making sales? ) After waiting our turn we were told they had the phone for the other provider, but not for the one we wanted. During a discussion Preston also told us they had not gotten deliveries of that phone for months. Why not mark the card at the display as "sold out or not available"? A simple and courteous measure.

We were also told to go to the service desk and staff there could check other Sam's locations.

That was lie number 3. The first was the placard offering exactly what we wanted and the second that what we wanted was dooable.

After waiting in a line again I was told any checks with other locations were up to me. There were 5 locations within an hour drive of that location. I called one, and with dripping disdain was told the phone center was busy and not taking calls and I would have to come there to check. I called a second and held on the line for 10 minutes until an operator picked up again. When I told her I was holding for the phone center she bluntly said they won't be answering, they were too busy.

The end result is that we walked out of that Sam's without accomplishing the intended goal and wasting close to 4 hours to get there and back home and the remainder of the time waiting in lines, being lied to and treated poorly.

I think we will probably do more of our Christmas shopping at Costco or Amazon.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Sams Club. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Costco that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Sams Club.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Sams Club to other companies on our site.

Comments