Attempted to return my Note 7, tried get a loaner phone was told they weren't doing that. I asked specifically, what could I do about getting rid of the phone, was told I had to wait for a replacement or purchase a S7 which I would be stuck with.

So I kept it, one day I noticed my phone getting hot. I called my Sam's club and was told they did not get the replacements and did not know when they would. I decided to return for a refund and get one through Verizon, they had the replacements, I couldn't risk that thing exploding, especially after it had gotten so hot. Upon trying to return the phone for a refund was told I had to return the gift card I received, I questioned why, this not my fault why did I have to return it, I was told it was Samsung's money and they wanted it back.

I just wanted to get rid of the phone so, I got my card to pay 150.00 back to them that I really couldn't afford, it was the only way I was told I could return it, then he (Gill) tells me I have to go to a register or member services to purchase a gift card and bring it back to him. He said everything had to be just like I received it. After I do this he begins the return, opens my box and says he can't do it because it didn't have all the pieces, I couldn't believe it, asked for a manager, she was to busy I guess so, her go between came, his words, I again asked for the manager then she came her name was Kim, she repeated everything to me. Samsung won't pay them unless everything is in the box , I questioned this because I was told by Samsung, who I had called as well I only needed to return the phone.

I left very furstrated, then called corporate Sam's 800 number and was told yes I had to return the gift card and everything in the box or no refund. The whole experience was awful I couldn't believe Sam's didn't care enough about a member who had a dangerous government recalled item, learned my lesson never buy a phone at Sam's Club again. My store is Wesley Chapel, Florida #4852.

Don't know why my store is treating customers this way I know other Sam's aren't making you return the money or box and contents, just poor service period. I am going to make formal complaint to the CSPC.

Product or Service Mentioned: Samsung Electronics Galaxy Note 7 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 26, 2016.

Comments