2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a battery for my 2007 PT Cruiser. I bought a more expensive battery because it came with a full 3 year warranty, than their cheaper one. This was May or June 2015. The battery failed within the warranty period (March 2018). The battery was taken to Sam's Club, who tested it, and they agree that it failed within the warranty period. So what's the problem? Sam's claims you must be a current member before they will make the exchange.

If I buy a new membership they will exchange it for me. The battery says it has a "3 year full replacement". The card above the item says it has "36 MO free Replacement" The website agrees there is a 3 year warranty. But despite this language SAM's says I only get the 3 year free replacement if i'm still a Sam's member!!! Turns out SAMS WARRANTY include SECRET TERMS they fail to disclose. If true, why didn't SAM's disclose this at the time of purchase? Why wasn't this on their printed materials and website? If this hidden/silent unwritten term had been disclosed to me I probably would not have bought it. (I had had a Costco membership and bought that year SAM's to see which I liked better. Since I had decided to go back to Costco that "warranty" was worthless crap!) The point is anything you buy from SAM's has NO WARRANTY unless you remain a SAMS CLUB MEMBER Pictures:

1. Display card saying "36 MO free Replacement"

2. My battery showing it was made E15 (E is the 5th Month =MAY 2015)

3. Battery label has "3 year full replacement". Sorry no pictures. I don't know how to change their names on the iphone, and this website says the name the iphone gave them is in the wrong format.

Review about: Duracell Car Battery.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Battery was till died.

I didn't like: Would not honor warranty.

Comments