Franklin, Wisconsin
2.7

Yesterday 9-3-14 I took my truck into Sam's Club in Franklin WI. I am a Plus member and use the early hours like 7am to get my tires rotated and balanced per the warranty.

First thing, the tire guys were not there at 7am or set up to begin working. So I waited. They then showed up later and they got me in since I was the first one there.

I went about my shopping but a half hour later they paged me. Telling me my lock nut for the wheel is split and they cannot remove it due to lack of tools.

They showed me. Now I am a Fleet Tech by trade and know when things like this happen the men doing that work should have the tools to fix what they broke. NOPE. They told me to go get it fixed.

So I left, drove home and with my tools took this Broken nut off. Then took the truck back and they did the rotation and balance of my tires. Now what is wrong with this picture? I paid for the warranty and am a plus member.

Nothing in the way of compensation was offered for my time. Does Sam's club owe me or should they take this to heart and buy these guys some tools to use. This makes me wonder if what they are doing is even correctly done. I could stay and watch them but I don't think they would like that to much.

I know I wouldn't as a tech. I have the experience to know what can be done. What should be done and by whom. 40 plus years of Fleet.

This needs some attention by the management at Sam's So we careful what you buy at Sam's club and don't think this staff is trained to work. They don't seem to be if this kind of thing happens.Sam's you need to supply some training, tools and procedures so that you can sell your product and back it up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sams Club Tire Rotation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments