4.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Smells like chicken, tastes like chicken, doesn't cut like chicken and the cooked meat doesn't look like chicken. Right color but the meat looks more like processed and put back together with a rubbery texture.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

(Admittedly, I am sometimes weird about meat) however my husband (is definitely not weird about meat) even noticed the weird texture. So now I know it is not just me, this is our current pack of chicken and it was bought the week before Easter (2018)

Review about: Sams Club Chicken Breast.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same happened to me about 2 months ago buying a bulk chicken breast pack. Thought about it having been processed.

Then yesterday I bought a whole $5 rotisserie chicken and it had the same texture! Terrible!

Threw it out. Not sure what is going on there.

to Jeff #1540850

So maybe it isn't fake or gross after all, maybe just aged too long.

As for the rotisserie's I haven't ever had an issue with those. Just glad to not be alone in the weird rubbery world of Sam's chickens

We just had some rubbery sam's "chicken" too. What the *** is that?

to YesThis #1505928

So I talked to a farmer that said there is a kind of chicken that is raised full grown at 6 weeks and ready for slaughter. But if you let the chicken age to 8 weeks or longer then the meat has a different texture like rubber or spongey. So maybe it isn't fake or gross after all, maybe just aged too long.